6 Seconds and a Sheep! It's a familiar scene at any rodeo, but in this case the rider is a child between the ages of 4 and 7 and the bronco is a wooly sheep. Mutton Busting is a rodeo event for young children in which each participant tries to remain on the back of a sheep for as long as possible.
Photos by Julene Baker
Rules & Contestant Information:
- Must be 3 years of age or older
- Must weigh 50 pounds or less
- Strongly encouraged to wear long sleeve shirt and jeans
- Children can bring their own helmet or one will be provided for them
- There is no entry fee for Mutton Busting
- Only 10 entries per night will be accepted
- Parents must buy a general admission rodeo ticket
- Check in between 6:00 - 6:30 PM of the night they are scheduled to ride (next to the rodeo ticket office)
- All children will receive a trophy for riding
Photo by Julene Baker
Mutton Bustin entries will not open until Tuesday, June 16th, 2020 at 8:00AM (PST). It will be on a first enter, first serve basis. We will except 10 entries per night. Once we are filled, we will close the entries for that night. You will be notified of your child's entry, once the entry has been confirmed.
Starting June 16th @ 8:00AM (PST), please click on the "Click to Enter Here" button to enter your child into the Mutton Busting. Make sure to click on "Submit" at the end of the registration, or else your registration will not be valid. Before entering your child, please make sure they meet all of the rules and criteria. There will be no phone entries this year, only online entries.
Please print and sign the Local Entry Release form and bring it with you when you check in for your event.